Monday, February 13, 2012

A Valentine's Day Poem



















The Man in my life exceeds all of my dreams,
He loves me just the way I am & meets all of my needs.
He listens to my every word, & understands when no one can
He holds me together when I’m a wreck and don’t think I can stand.
True, He may not be here to take me to dinner & a movie
buy me roses or some other sweet gift to woo me.
But He has gone away to prepare for me a place
and one day very soon I will get to see His face.
He will wipe away the tears from my eyes
that I cried on those many lonely nights.
He will bring me to His Father, a bride spotless and pure,
this only being true because of the cross which He endured.
He gave His very life for me, a sacrifice no other man has given,
He bled for my wickedness, as the nails in His wrists were driven.
And as He hung there, bearing my shame,
He washed me clean and gave me a new name.
Now as I eagerly await His return to come and claim me,
I will not let the lies of this world ensnare me.
Yes, He will return, and I will not refrain from looking,
Waiting and watching and hoping and searching.
Earthly love fades in comparison to this wondrous love I’ve known,
And through the letter He wrote me, my love for Him has grown.
Don’t settle into thinking that all of your dreams will come true,
If you could only find someone to date you or love you for you.
Do not search for love and fulfillment in other people,
In Jesus there is a love that can never be equaled,

No comments:

Post a Comment